Congratulations On the Opening of Tuen Ma Line Phase 2
Full Tuen Ma Line commences operation on 27th June 2021, Sunday.
The full Tuen Ma Line (TML) fully opened with the 2 new stations – Sung Wong Toi and To Kwa Wan, extending from Kai Tak to Hung Hom, to link the east and west of the New Territories and east Kowloon. TML is Hong Kong’s longest railway line of about 56km, serving 27 stations. There are altogether 6 interchanges along the line.
SYSTRA MVA’s Involvement
SYSTRA MVA provided traffic engineering and transport planning consultancy services to the TML development. For phase 2, MVA was particularly involved in the construction of To Kwa Wan and Sung Wong Toi stations and tunnels, including the pedestrian accessibility and connectivity nearby.
Our Key Solutions:
- Traffic engineering design for the road network system
- Traffic engineering inputs to the Stations Design
- Transport Planning for the Station Pedestrian Facilities Design during Normal and emergency Evacuation
- Pedestrian safety measures
- Construction Traffic Impact and Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) measures