J1001 Jurong Region Line (JRL) Mainline
SYSTRA MVA was appointed as Traffic Consultant to provide advance engineering consultancy services for the proposed Jurong Region Line (JRL) Mainline.
The proposed Jurong Region line (JRL) is planned to serve Choa Chu Kang, Tengah, Jurong West, Jurong Industrial Estate, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and Jurong East to West Coast. The total route length is approximately 23km. The JRL infrastructure is planned for a 4-car MRT with a platform length of 75 meters.
The JRL alignment is composed by several legs (approximately 11km) running along several corridors in order to provide an additional transport option to passengers with various commuting needs.
SYSTRA MVA scope of works included:
- Station Pedestrian Modelling/Analysis for 3 interchange stations and 8 stand-alone stations;
- Station Connectivity Surveys and Analysis for an area 500m around existing transport facilities around proposed future stations;
- Temporary Traffic Diversion (TTD) works related to the construction of 11km of elevated JRL and stations; and any associated Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) that may be required.
- Permanent road work support - related to the final scheme of the JRL including final road schemes and station locations; and
- Provision of responses for the Project Safety Review (Road) for road works