Quality Building Award 2014 - MVA participation in top awarded projects
On 6 June 2014, the Organizing Committee of the Hong Kong Quality Building Award (QBA) unveiled the 2014 Awards under the theme of “Collaboration for Quality”. The QBA is a biennial award giving public recognition to buildings of outstanding quality and that demonstrate outstanding teamwork in their development and construction.
The “L’Avenue Shanghai” led by Leigh & Orange Architects won the Grand Award in the “Building Outside Hong Kong (Mainland China, Taiwan & Macau) Category”. MVA Hong Kong were the traffic and transport-engineering consultants for this iconic project. Francis Sootoo, Director of MVA Hong Kong received this accolade on behalf of MVA along with the Project Architect, Leigh & Orange Ltd at the Award Presentation Ceremony held at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.
In addition MVA were also the transport consultants providing traffic and transport engineering services on the following award winning projects at the ceremony.
- The New Campuses of Hong Kong Design Institute & Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Lee Wai Lee) – Quality Excellence and Grand Awards in the Hong Kong Non-residential (New building) Category
- Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong – Merit Winner for Hong Kong Non-Residential (New Building) Category
- Victoria Park Swimming Pool Complex – Merit Winner for Hong Kong Non-Residential (New Building) Category
- Pacific Place Contemporisation – Merit Winner for Hong Kong Building (Renovation/Revitalization) Category
- Azura – Merit Winner for Hong Kong Residential (Single Building) Category
- Marinella – Merit Winner for Hong Kong Residential (Multiple Buildings) Category
- One Central – Merit Winner for Building Outside Hong Kong (Mainland China, Taiwan & Macau) Category